Interstitial Cystitis

Interstitial Cystitis

Postby Cmitchum » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:45 pm

Has anyone had any experience with IC and Mesosilver? I was diagnosed with two UTI's in 2 months and after the last UTI (on Cipro XR) for 8 days, the symptoms returned although there were not any indications of any new or residual infection. When the symptoms worsened, I saw a Urologist and several IVP's, CT's of the abdoment and Cystoscopy I was told this would be chronic IC. If anyone has this condition and had success with this treatment please let me know. I am concerned about inflamming or irritating an already hurting bladder!
Cmitchum

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:35 pm

CMitchum,
After reading your story, I did internet research on interstitial cystitis. It says that IC is a condition of unknown origin, in which there is an inflammation of the bladder. Bacteria is not the cause in this problem. Often, IC occurs shortly after having a bacteria causing urinary tract infection, and the symptoms are similar.

Mesosilver works great for problems being caused by an infection, but because your problem is not being caused by bacteria, I think Mesocopper might really help. Mesocopper has helped our family with as many problems as Mesosilver.

Copper is excellent for reducing inflammations, improving skin elasticity, and strengthening connective tissue. This might be what you need since IC is an inflammation. Also, information I read says that bladder capacity is decreased because the usually elastic bladder walls become stiff and don't expand normally.

We know from firsthand experience using Mesocopper, that it does work for skin elasticity and inflammation problems. What Mesocopper has done for us:

I take it every day and there is less sagging along my jawline now. External hemorrhoids are a skin elasticity problem and my husband's are gone. Mesocopper healed the redness and swelling of my son's surgery wound. Just recently, it healed my husband's sciatica, which is pain caused by inflammation of the sciatic nerve. All these problems were gone in just 2-3 weeks. We took 1 tablespoon each day, on an empty stomach at least 15 minutes before a meal.

According to the information I read, the prescription drug on the market for interstitial cystitis called Elmiron, takes 3 months to see improvement and there are possible side effects. Our experience has been that Mesocopper works quickly and we've had no side effects whatsoever.

Other information that may be useful to you says "A bland diet helps some IC people. Doctors recommend avoiding high-acid foods, such as citrus fruits, that may irritate the bladder, or spicy foods that may cause the release of histamine. Restricting alcoholic beverages, carbonated sodas, coffee and other caffeinated products, and beverages and foods with artificial sweeteners appears to reduce symptoms in some people."

If you try Mesocopper and it works for you, please come back and post your experience because from what I've read, there are people who are really having a problem with interstitial cystitis.

Postby Linda Moore » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:40 pm

Cmitchum,
I just posted the above information and forgot to log in first! You can go to the Mesocopper section and see our stories there that I mentioned. If you have any questions about our experiences using these products, please feel free to ask. Good luck to you.
Linda Moore

IC

Postby cmitchum » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:30 pm

Linda, thank you for your prompt response. Yes, there are many sufferers and the condition is chronic and debilitating. I have cut out all acidic foods including caffeine that is a known bladder irritant. Many advocate cranberry juice for UTI's but because of the chronic nature of IC (often occurs with a trigger such as a UTI) that was in my case, the cranberry juice is highly acidic and only aggravated it more. I was tested positive for E.Coli and the UTI was cleared, but the symptoms continued. There is more to the IC story though and that is that there is much research making news now to the antibiotic therapy of Doxycycline in helping chronic patients of IC. Apparently, there are Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma bacteria present in some IC patient and not detected with conventional lab testing methods, 2 studies- one in London and Sweden including a recent study published in the US showed dramatic improvement in this therapy and that there are actually these types of bacteria. I have not been tested for this, however, it would require a lab in the area that tested onsite. You can understand my trepidation about trying an unknown substance in my body! You have been a tremendous help, and I will try the Mesocopper first and report back on the forum if I notice any improvement! :)
cmitchum

IC

Postby cmitchum » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:31 pm

Linda, thank you for your prompt response. Yes, there are many sufferers and the condition is chronic and debilitating. I have cut out all acidic foods including caffeine that is a known bladder irritant. Many advocate cranberry juice for UTI's but because of the chronic nature of IC (often occurs with a trigger such as a UTI) that was in my case, the cranberry juice is highly acidic and only aggravated it more. I was tested positive for E.Coli and the UTI was cleared, but the symptoms continued. There is more to the IC story though and that is that there is much research making news now to the antibiotic therapy of Doxycycline in helping chronic patients of IC. Apparently, there are Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma bacteria present in some IC patient and not detected with conventional lab testing methods, 2 studies- one in London and Sweden including a recent study published in the US showed dramatic improvement in this therapy and that there are actually these types of bacteria. I have not been tested for this, however, it would require a lab in the area that tested onsite. You can understand my trepidation about trying an unknown substance in my body! You have been a tremendous help, and I will try the Mesocopper first and report back on the forum if I notice any improvement! :)
cmitchum

Postby Linda Moore » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:34 pm

The latest news you mentioned on IC is interesting, that the cause in some people could be a bacteria that is not yet detected by current lab testing. Even if this bacteria can't be detected yet, there should be a high amount of white blood cells in the blood and urine of these people, showing that their body is fighting an infection.

I found this on a website: "What can the presence of white blood cells in the urine mean? The presence of abnormal numbers of white blood cells in the urine is important. It can mean there is kidney disease or an infection of the kidney, bladder, or urinary tubes (upper or lower urinary tract)."

You might check and see if any blood or urine tests done after being diagnosed with IC have shown a high amount of white blood cells. This might help you determine if the cause of your IC is an undetectable bacteria or not. That's great that research is continuing and they are finding out more about this problem.

I hope that Mesocopper really helps you!
Linda Moore

Re: Interstitial Cystitis

Postby josiah1112 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:56 pm

I am thought to have IC. After the battery of tests I was told that it seemed like I had an overactive bladder and may be developing IC. The funny thing was that my pee would never show bacteria in office but once it was sent out it would always have bacteria... I was always suffering with symptms... once I begged for a urinalysis they would give me the antibiotics and the cycle would go on until the day they no longer worked. It was frustrating an non encouraging to say the least!!!! I was even hospitalized during one of the these bouts....

After consulting with a homeopath who pointed me to colloidal silver she seems to think (and I so far agree) that IC is caused by a long term low grade bacterial infection in the bladder. It has been there for so long that nerve endings become damaged hence- the pain...

The problem of the yeast overgrowth(from long term antibiotics use) is one that I am still currently dealing with. I have had to change my diet- no sugar and no wheat (for 7 weeks now). the purpose of this is to detox the candida overgrowth that further added to my uti symptoms. I consider this a blessing in disguise because both my husband and myself have gotten into smoothies and the raw food movement. You can eat really well but healthy at the same time!! I have lost 20 pounds and people tell me I look 15 years younger:)

Good luck to everyone dealing with this awful disease!!!!!
Infection - one dose every 2 hours
once infection is cleared I still need to find the appropriate maintenance dose for me. I was pointed to mannose bu it aqhs not worked for me yet... we will see.
josiah1112

Return to Urinary Tract Infection (Bladder Infection)