Yes or No to liver biopsy?

Yes or No to liver biopsy?

Postby SJB » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:25 pm

I found out I have Genotpe 1b. My MD suggests I get a liver biopsy to know what shape my liver is in. ALT 64 up to 78, and AST 52 up to 72 since July. I don't know if I want a biopsy. I would love to hear your experience or opinions on liver biopsys. I told my MD I would call next week to let him know. :?:
SJB

Postby daisy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:54 pm

you should prolly get one. i did and it wasnt a big deal. a little uncomfortable and i was scared. i wouldnt get one again buts that me. i know of some people with hep c that refused one but most do get one to find out the condition of their liver. my doctor refused to treat me without one. at that time i knew nothing about hep c and put my faith in the doctor. which now i wish i hadnt after my horrible experience with interfereon. good luck
daisy

liver biopsy

Postby MeeMee » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:01 pm

If you decide to get a biopsy, make sure the doctor has a lot of experience in doing them. Most people with the bad experiences were dealing with amatuers.
MeeMee

Postby SJB » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:56 pm

Well, I have not had replies like I expected on whether I should go through the liver biopsy or not. FYI I have yet to decide. I want to know if I have any liver damage! Yet I know regardless I will not do the medical treatment. Your thoughts?
SJB

Postby daisy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:22 am

maybe you should ask your dr to do a sonagram or see if there are any other ways to find out what damage your liver may have. its been years since i had my biopsy so maybe there are different tests they can do now. i didnt have a good relationship with my dr. he didnt speak english very well and i was always having to ask the nurses what he said. i was alot younger then and very stupid concerning my condition plus i was scared out of my mind. now i would run from a dr i was uncomfortable with. i had such a bad time with this dr that i think thats why i dont care for drs in general anymore. at some point i know i have to find another dr and this time i plan to make sure we have a good relationship & that he speaks english clearly. i dont want a dr who thinks he knows whats best for me and that i shouldnt ask questions. so far i have been feeling well by taking my liq silver, milk thistle, living a clean sober lifestyle and avoiding stress.( which isnt easy with 4 children) good luck with whatever you decide.
daisy

Postby MeeMee » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:26 am

If you aren't going to take the treatment regardless of what a liver biopsy would show then my reply would be not to get one. I feel the same as you about the treatments and don't plan on taking them either nor a biopsy, will try my best with alternative methods and pray they work as they have for others. My best to you on what ever you decide.
MeeMee

Postby SJB » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:24 pm

Thanks Mee Mee & Daisy, This really is a disease no one understands. I believe you can only communicate with people who have been diagnosed with Hep C to get the understanding and feedback I need. Even my parents, my husband, as great as they are, have no clue. My 14 y/o daughter seems to be the one I talk with who really listens, tries to understand, and gives me the most support, besides God and this forum. For many years I have had medical things going on that I just kept to myself, thinking I was a hypochondriac, or it was all in my mind because I had so many little things. Now I know they were/are all Hep C related. Wow Daisy, you were giving yourself the shots that many times a week, unbelieveable! Thank God you found out the real dosage. From all the side effects the medical treatment causes I couldn't understand anyone wanting to do the treatment. What type do you all have. I have 1b, with a 31 mil viral count, but I had the Hep A vaccine in July before being diagnosed, and not aware at the time the vaccine increases your viral load by tens of millions. I am out of my colloidal silver! I ordered it 2nd day air(paid extra) on the 9th it was shipped, have yet to receive it. I hate running out, it was the first thing I ordered for my Hep C. Last time I ran out it took me a few days to get back to where I felt before. Again, thanks for your responses. God Bless-I will pray for you both. SJB
SJB

Re: Yes or No to liver biopsy?

Postby stu9blank » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:43 pm

I have had 2 in the last 5 yrs, not bad it will tell you the condition of the liver.
stu9blank

Postby Dennis » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:01 am

Had a very bad experience with my biopsy done at a major hospital here in the Houston Medical Center area(Hermann). I had bleeding in between the liver and the protective membrane around it. Thought I was going to die. Pain was excruciating. Couldn't convince the morons that I was in dire pain. Finally I was taken for an MRI or something and they then found out what happened. This was all [u]before[/u] the agonizing treatments with Interferon and Pegintron which did no good except to make me miserable and hate life. Now that I have decided [u]not[/u] to go with what these people say and use silver I have no need to take the biobsy agony test.
Dennis

to biopsy or not to biopsy

Postby hepc~svr » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:20 pm

Hey all..yeah I'm new and as my s/n suggests I bet the virus however I beat it with convential meds. I am an HCV Advocate and while I'm not pro meds it worked for me. I found myself seaching for Colodial Silver advanatages for another friend.

What I wanted to say about the biopsy is it certainly can be a benefit as far as I know at the present time it is the only way to truely know where your liver status truely is.

I had one done in '94 when I was first diagnoised. While it was not pleasant I had no ill after effects from it.

In 2005 I had another bio done. I chose NOT to do treatment back in '94 and cleaned up my consumption of everythng bad for the liver. Well unfortunatly for me that didn't stop the liver from getting worse. I hit stage 3....my point in all this jibber jabber I do so well is to say that

my second biopsy was much easier than my first. They infected into my liver some sort of numbing agent. I felt nothing when they grabbed the liver chunk..however I did have a look at that baby before the true bio results..it was grey so I new it wasn't good..In ten years I progressed an entire stage. I hope that what your using works..good luck to all of you!
hepc~svr

Postby mike--T » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:45 pm

I haven't done mine yet but do plan to in the next few months.

I know 3 people who have gotten rid of hep c by doing interferon. I do NOT want to do it.

I started mesosilver one month ago. I'll check my loads after doing it another 1 to 2 months and post back.

Regardless of a liver biopsy, my plan is mesosilver, otherwise based on lack of results if that's the case, I'll do a homeopathic doc, then if that fails, the dreaded interferon.
best regards,
Mike T.
mike--T

Return to Hepatitis C