Recently Diagnosed...

Recently Diagnosed...

Postby mccallaman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:13 am

i was recently diagnosed with hcv type1, i've done the ultrasound and the doc said it looked good except for some fat deposits, he didn't want to do a biopsy because i am also a free bleeder(hemophiliac), but now he wants me to see another doctor at a local university to see how he would treat me without the biopsy and having hemophilia and i'm also treated for depression and anxiety.. should i even worry with seeing the other doc? i'm seriously considering just starting on this mesosilver and doing blood work to see how its working.. my viral load was 2,000,000 the only time i've had it checked.. i guess, i'm looking for someone to tell me this mesosilver is all i need.. hehe!! take care all/............mccallaman
mccallaman

Postby charleneb » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:43 pm

First of all, I am not sure how much help I will be but I am willing and able to offer you what I have. I got diagnosed with Acute Hep C Genotype 1a which you know by now is the most common but the hardest to treat. Many doctors immediately want to put you on Interferon and Ribavirin. It only works with Genotype 1a 40% of the tim. That means you get sick for a year on this horrid medication for a 60% failure rate. First you need to find out if you have an acute exposure or chronic Hep C. If acute, you have about a 30-35% chance of your natural immune system clearing the virus. If chronic, you are in somewhat of a disadvantage. I was exposed in Jan 2007. I immediately had blood work by accident on a physical exam with elevated liver enzymes. I was diagnosed and within 17 weeks tested negative with a 0 viral load. The conclusion... Acute Hep C and my natural immune system cleared it. Like you, I had risk factors. I had one kidney and chose to decline the regular Interferon/Ribavirin treatment. I was fortunate and my body cleared it. I read alot upon diagnosis and learned a ton on herbal medications. I took and still maintain Milk Thistle 4000 mg a day. There are many types of milk thistle. Buy the silymarin 1000:1 milk thistle. I took antioxidants from Smoothie King called "Immune Builder" I took 5000 mg a day of Vit C, Omega three one tablet twice a day and also green tea extract. I was told drink green tea three times a day, I didn't care for the taste and took the tablets from the health food store instead. I do not know how much my herbal regime helped me clear the virus, but I am reaching for stars, I no longer test positive for Hep C I believe the herbs did something. I also asked for a dietary consult from my doctor. They taught me what was healthy to eat and what to avoid with my tender liver disease. Also avoid shellfish, eating off of buffets, and they put me on neutrapenic precautions which is the precautions a cancer pt on chemp does. It prevents you from getting sicker. I initially bought the mesosilver, but decided not to take it because my caes was different, I was acute not chronic in my diagnosis. If you would like more specifics you may email me directly charlenesrn@cox.net. Good luck with your endeavors. The best advise I have to offer you is to Educate yourself before taking anything. Read alot of books on what works for others and what didnt and then choose what your plan of care will be. Ask questions at you md visits. Eat right and exercise. That cannot hurt you but only help you. My inital viral load was 1, 280, 000. Maybe you have an acute case not chronic and maybe you can have a positive outcome and not have this the rest of your life. Pray every day. My focus was FROG and still is... FULLY RELY ON GOD. Medicine takes you so far and then there is God. Good Luck. I will be praying for you.
csb
charleneb

Re: Recently Diagnosed...

Postby Andrika8 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:05 pm

I've had chronic Hep C Genotype 1a since 1971, my last biopsy results were 3/3, with 6,000,000+ viral load, not good. I had entered a Hep C study in 2006 and took Peginterferon and Ribavirin for 48 weeks. What the medical staff did not say at the time was if it did not cure me it would do more damage to my liver. They called me back for another study 5 months ago and did all the blood work in preperation for that. After they got the results they informed me that my liver function levels were so bad that I couldn't participate in the study. This was very hard to hear But, it turned out to be my salvation. I started reading different forums on Hep C and found a lot of people had good results with Mesosilver. I felt very strongly that this would work for me, and it has. After taking Mesosilver for three months, I had my first liver function test this morning (I have no insurance so the viral load test will have to wait) and the news is very good ...... My AST went from 157 down to 70 and my ALT went from 232 down to 82 which is really great. Normal for AST is 15-41 and ALT is 14-54 so there's still room for improvement, but I'm ecstatic!! This is after taking Mesosilver, E3Live and Indian Essence (from Vancouver, BC) for the last 3 months, along with a very strict diet ... vegan without oil, wheat and refined sugar, especially high fructose corn syrup (my MD says it's very bad for the liver). I am now ready to add in some daily treadmill walking as my energy level is greatly improved. I'm intending to get amazing results with my current regime. Thanks to all of you who have had an influence on my decision to try Mesosilver and to my MD who believes in natural (alternative) medicine first and allopathic only when all else fails.
Andrika8

Return to Hepatitis C